Honda is giving Bradenton drivers even more reason to get excited with the introduction of an all-new crossover to their winning lineup, the Honda HR-V. If you need the cargo space and passenger room that you get from a SUV without the full, family-sized footprint, the Honda HR-V may be the right vehicle for you. Read on to learn more about what the Honda HR-V will be bringing to the Florida streets.
While Honda has kept many details of their newest crossover under wraps, one thing is for sure; The new HR-V is based upon the redesigned 2015 Honda Fit. The slightly shorter, wider, and roomier, the HR-V will provide exceptional cabin versatility. Here are just some of the features you can expect from the Honda HR-V:
- Sleek style thanks to a sloping roofline and bold and a side-sweeping profile.
- A low tailgate opening that spans more than 40 inches will provide more convenience and versatility.
- Interior flexibility will come from fold-flat rear seat backs, fold-up rear seat cushions, and a passenger seat that folds down nearly flat.
- Like the Fit, the HR-V will be a thrill to drive.
- Drivers can expect the HR-V to have an engine similar to the Fit’s 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine, rated at 130 horsepower and paired to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) driving the front wheels. Though, the HR-V is expected to be slightly stronger.
- A sporty, turbocharged version should also be available as well as an all-wheel-drive option.
The unique combination of features that the new HR-V provides drivers, like a compact side and all-wheel-drive option, make it a prime contender against sporty small crossovers such as the Nissan Juke, Subaru XV Crosstrek, or Mazda CX-5. Other likely vehicles in the running to go head-to-head with the HR-V are the Mini Countryman and future Chevy Trax. The 2015 Honda HR-V’s is a crossover whose mix of practicality, driving position, fuel economy, affordability, and the renowned quality that comes with owning a Honda make it tough to beat.
The Honda HR-V Florida
The release of the all-new Honda HR-V is right around the corner. Don’t miss out. Follow the Hendrick Honda blog to stay on top of all of the lastest HR-V updates as well as industry news. Be one of the first behind the wheel of the new HR-V. Call ahead to schedule your appointment today, or stop by Hendrick Honda Bradenton to check out the extensive inventory of new Hondas and used vehicles we have to offer.