Go on a cooking adventure this fall! Try something new with these unique cookie recipes. Carrot Cake Cookies, Apple Pie Cookies, and Pecan Pie cookies all have a yummy essence of fall to them but still come in bite-sized snacks!
Carrot Cake Cookies
Ingredients: One Carrot Cake Mix, Two Eggs, 1/2 Cup Cooking Oil (I used canola), 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, Cookie Sheet(s), Optional: Non Stick Spray, Parchment Paper, Pre-Made Cream Cheese Frosting, Freezer Bag
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and cinnamon.
- Cook at 350* for approx. 8 to 12 minutes depending on size of cookie and your oven.
- Let Cool.
- Frost & Garnish with Cinnamon & Pecans if desired
- Devour… or gift to friends & loved ones.
Dutch Apple Pie Cookies
Ingredients: 1 roll of refrigerated pie dough (I used Marie Callender’s), 5 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced finely, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For The Streusel Topping: 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 2/3 cups old fashioned oats, pinch of salt, 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons (14 tablespoons total) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the wells of a standard size muffin tin with nonstick spray. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and cut out circles about 2 inches in diameter. Gather and re-roll unused dough and cut additional circles. I used the rim of a small plastic cup. Place the circles in the bottom of each muffin well.
- Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and cornstarch to a medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 5-10 minutes until the apples have softened slightly and the juices begin to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Add about one tablespoon of the apple filling on top of each circle of pie dough.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, oats, and salt. Add melted butter and mix until well incorporated.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the streusel topping to each muffin well, and gently pat it down over the apples.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes. **Allow the apple pie cookies to cool in the muffin tin for at least 10-15 minutes before removing.** I like to use a dull knife to gently remove them from the tin. Cool on a wire rack.
Pecan Pie Cookies
Shortbread Ingredients: 1 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 cup margarine
Pecans Ingredients: 1.5 cups chopped pecans, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk, 2 tbsp maple syrup, 4 tbsp margarine, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt and powdered sugar in medium bowl. Cut margarine in chunks. Use fingers to incorporate flour and margarine. Dough will form. Divide into 12 pieces.
- Line muffin tins with liners. Press dough into bottom of liners and press into edges. Use a fork to poke holes into dough. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Rotate. Bake for 7-9 additional minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast pecans for 4 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Combine brown sugar, coconut milk, maple syrup, margarine and salt over medium heat.
- Reduce to medium low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla.
- Let caramel cool 30 minutes.
- Stir pecans into caramel mixture.
- Divide pecans among prepared crusts
- Allow to set 2-4 hrs, or until firm.