Summer is almost here and your kids will be out of school soon. Luckily, we live in an area that is filled to the brim with fun summer activities. You can stay right here in town and explore Bradenton with this list of fun, inexpensive activities to do with your kids this summer. Here are a few of our favorite summer-fun-on-a-budget ideas.
Educational Outdoor Activities
It’s always good when you can combine a fun family outing with an educational experience. This is why it’s so great that Bradenton is filled to the brim with museums and nature tours. Check out these enriching places to visit with your kids.
- Bearadise Ranch – This attraction is the home of the amazing Welde Family Bears. Your kids will get to view the bears while learning important lessons about habitat preservation. You can catch a tour on Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Orange Blossom Tram – A one-hour ride on the Tram includes onboard education about Florida’s oranges and other citrus fruits. Plus, there is a stop at the Wildlife Rescue for a presentation about current rescue animals.
- Explore a Nature Preserve – Grab a kid-sized walking stick and a pair of hiking shoes then head out into nature at one of Manatee County’s parks and preserves.
Fun Online Events
There are a ton of virtual events you and your kids can attend that are just as educational as in-person camps.
- Microsoft Summer Camp -Microsoft offers kid-friendly STEM classes that are great for inspiring your little one to enjoy math, science, and technology.
- Barnes & Nobles Storytime – Saturday morning storytime for toddlers.
- Forty Carrots – Forty Carrots offers a great selection of online parent-and-child classes for kids ages zero to five.
You might also like: Play In The Trees At TreeUmph! Adventure Course
Cool Down in the Water
It wouldn’t be summer fun without a few days in the water. We’re lucky to be less than 30 minutes from Bradenton Beach. So, you can pack up your Honda HR-V and spend a whole day in the water and sand. And, if you don’t have an HR-V, just come to Hendrick Honda Bradenton and we’ll help you find a vehicle that has just the right amount of seating and cargo space for weekend beach trips this summer. If you’re not a sea-loving family, here are other options for cooling down this summer.
- Family Swim Night– Goldfish Swim School regularly hosts family swim nights. Check their events calendar for more information.
- Publish Swimming Pools – Check out one of Manatee County’s many public swimming pools for a fun way to stay cool.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.